- 2019- Board member, Netherlands Interuniversity School for Islamic Studies
- 2018-2023 Member of the Young Academy of Belgium
- 2018 Co-Chair, Panel Cultural Studies, Science Agenda of Belgium
- 2016 Panel member, Evaluation of the teaching programmes of The Islamic University of
Europe in Rotterdam, Dutch-Flemish Accreditation Organization (Nederlands –
Vlaamse Accreditatieorganisatie, NVAO).
- 2015- Editorial Board, Philological Encounters, Leiden: Brill (peer-reviewed journal: Zukunftsphilologie: Revisiting the Canons of Textual Scholarship).
- 2015- Member of the Advisory Board of the Leiden Islam Academie – Leiden University
- 2014- Editorial Board, Book Series “Islam in verandering”, Uitgeverij Parthenon, The Netherlands.
- 2015 Panel member, Evaluation of the teaching programmes of The Islamic University of Rotterdam, Dutch-Flemish Accreditation Organization (Nederlands – Vlaamse Accreditatieorganisatie, NVAO).
- 2012- Collegium of the research programme: Zukunftsphilologie: Revisiting the Canons of Textual Scholarship, Forum Transregionale Studien, the Free University of Berlin (FU)
- 2012-2017 Editorial Team, Christian-Muslim Relations, A Bibliographical History 1500-1900, Leiden: Brill, hosted by the University of Birmingham.
- 2009-2014 Member of the Examiners’ Committee–Institute of Religious Studies, University of Leiden
- 2007 Organising member of the NOSTER International Third Congress, The Ambivalence of Sainthood and Sin, 24-25 April.
- 2006-2014 Member of the Educational Committee, MA, Institute of Religious Studies University of Leiden
- 2003-2006 Member of the Institute Committee LISOR, representative of PhD students, Faculty of Theology, University of Leiden
- 2003- Member of the Netherlands Association of Religious Studies (NGG)
- 2002- The Netherlands School for Advanced Studies in Theology and Religion (NOSTER)